How the Deluxe Remote Training System works
The Training System comes with a Remote Control Unit that is paired with the
Pet Collar Unit. At the push of the STATIC CORRECTION KEY on the
Remote Control Unit, a signal is sent to the Pet Collar Unit, which delivers static
correction to your dog to assist you with shaping and modifying its behavior.
The Remote Control Unit is also designed with a TONE KEY and a
VIBRATION KEY . At the push of any one of these keys, a tone or vibration
signal is sent to the Pet Collar Unit, which delivers a tone or vibration to your dog.
The tone function is good for giving your dog an opportunity to respond to your
commands prior to pressing the
STATIC CORRECTION KEY . The
vibration function can be used in many ways. However, it is best suited as a
secondary reinforcement for rewards.
Important guidelines when using the Deluxe Remote Training
• Included in the Training System are Collar Contacts in three different
lengths (short, medium and long) that deliver static correction to your dog.
Choose the appropriate length for your dog’s hair coat. The Pet Collar Unit
was shipped with medium Collar Contacts that are suitable for dogs with
medium hair coats. If your dog has dense coats or undercoats, use one of the
longer Collar Contacts included with the product.
• Proper fit of the Pet Collar Unit is critical to the performance and
effectiveness of the Training System. If the fit is too loose, the collar will not
be able to get sufficient contact with the skin to deliver static correction. If
the fit is too tight, it will irritate your dog’s skin.
• Tighten the collar high on your dog’s neck, tight enough that you can get
two fingers between the collar strap and your dog. It should not be able to
rotate around the neck.
• Do not make your dog wear the Pet Collar Unit for more than 12 hours
continuously to avoid skin irritation.
• Do not connect a leash to the Pet Collar Unit as this might pull the Collar
Contacts too tight against your dog’s neck.
• When connecting a separate collar for the leash, make sure that it does not
add pressure on the Pet Collar Unit.
• Check the contact area on your dog’s neck for signs of irritation. If there is a
rash or sore, discontinue use until the skin is completely healed. See a
veterinarian if the condition persists.