This appliance is used for ironing clothes and textiles.
It is intended for household use.
Any other use is regarded as not intended and may even
result in damage to property or personal injury.
Overview of the Components
1 Flexible line cord entry
2 Control lamp
4 Transparent water tank
5 Temperature control markings
6 Stainless steel soleplate
7 Continuously adjustable temperature regulator
8 Steam control markings / Self-Cleaning
9 Spray nozzle
10 Filler opening for the water tank
11 Regulator for the steam quantity and the self-cleaning
12 Steam jet button
13 Spray button
Notes on Use
• Remove any protective foils and stickers from the sole
• Please unwind the lead completely.
• Make sure that the iron voltage (see name plate) and the
line voltage match.
• The mains plug should only be inserted into a correctly
installed socket with earthing contact.
The maximum power consumption of the appliance is
1800 W. With this connected load a separate supply line
protected by a 16 A household circuit breaker is recom-
• If you use extension leads, these should have a cable
cross-section of at least 1.5 mm².
• Do not use any multiple sockets, as this appliance is
Temperature Control on the Iron (7)
The symbols on the control correspond to the following
(synthetics, rayon, silk)
(ironing without steam)
(wool) medium temperature
(cotton, linen) high temperature
• Turn woollen clothes inside out to avoid shiny spots on
the fabric due to steam ironing. In addition, lay a thin
cotton cloth onto the fabric.
• Select a low temperature setting for fabrics with addi-
tional surface treatment and iron them inside out.
The iron heats up faster than it cools down. Start ironing
with the lowest temperature setting.
• Please use only distilled water.
• Do not ll battery water, water from the clothes dryer
and water containing additives (such as starch, perfume,
softener or other chemicals) into the water reservoir.
• This could damage the iron due to residues forming in
the steam chamber. These residues may cause impu-
rities to the fabric when dropping out of the holes in the
Before Initial Use
• Clean the ironing base with a slightly damp cloth.
• In order to remove all residues before initial use, please
pass the iron a few times over an old clean cloth.
Ironing without Steam
1. Sort out the garments according to their ironing
2. Always set the temperature control to “OFF” before
connecting the appliance to a power point, or before
disconnecting it. Please follow the temperature control
3. Set the steam control (11) to the “
“ position, follow-
ing the steam control markings (8).
4. Place the iron on its stand.
5. Only connect the appliance to a properly installed safety
6. Set the temperature on the temperature control (7). If
you have sensitive items to iron, please begin with the